Well, I finally got that hunk of junk off of my leg!! LOL! Now, it is replaced with a cast/splint!! No worries! This thing is only supposed to be on for 10 days. 🙂 While it is about as big as the contraption and a little heavier, it is not near as PAINFUL!!! LOL!! I believe that the plan after I get this thing off is to wear a walking boot while my brace is being made. Physical therapy will follow! 🙂
- 1st pic: the contraption that I had on
- 2nd and 3rd pics: the cast/splint I have on now!!
- 4th and 5th pics: side by side comparisons to show the size
- 6th pic: the layers to this thing (first cotton, then gauze, then foam, then the cast, and finally the ace bandage)!! Goodness!!
- 7th pic: me and my doc right after the surgery (not a good pic of me, but worth showing this great guy)!!
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!! I truly appreciate them, as well as the mutual excitement many of you shared with me for the countdown!! 🙂 LOL